Student Research Assistant - Genomics Data Visualization
Posted on 4 November 2022
The Gehlenborg Lab in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School invites applications for paid student research assistants.
The Gehlenborg Lab is working on multiple projects that focus on the visualization of genomics data. Such projects include, but are not limited to, visualization frameworks for genomics data, such as Gosling and HiGlass, and analytics tools based on the libraries, such as Cistrome Explorer. We are seeking research assistants who can assist with these projects, such as collecting and processing data for visualization and implementing components for visualizations and web applications.
- Undergraduate or Master’s students in bio(medical) informatics, computational biology, computer science, data science, human-computer interaction, or related fields
- PhD students looking for a rotation opportunity
- Candidates who have experience in genomics data processing and analysis
- Candidates who have an interest in visualization
- Under guidance from mentors (Sehi L’Yi and Nils Gehlenborg), assist with multiple ongoing projects on genomics data visualization. This includes collecting and processing data for visualization, implementing components for visualizations and web applications, and surveying papers.
- Detailed tasks will be decided after the discussion with your mentors.
How to Apply
- Submit Google Form (https://forms.gle/TThPNzQoaQ5jmgXs9)
- Sehi L’Yi: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nils Gehlenborg: email@example.com